We offer an array of services designed to help create, transform, reshape and polish your script so you can have the best crafted pages that will not only enhance the story you are telling, but your prospect buyers and your targeted audience.
Our services include:
- creation – we help you by creating, writing, and collaborating in synopsis, pilots, treatments, script drafts, TV bibles, etc.
- team – we design and supervise writer’s rooms; help hire and oversee screenwriters; bring together a team of specialists or work with your designated writers.
- coverage – we evaluate scripts through written reports with a thorough analysis of the script that includes a logline, synopsis, a pass/consider/recommend rating and comments on the strengths and weaknesses of the script.
- script doctor – we work with screenwriters, producers, and directors throughout an extensive process of restructuring and rewriting the script providing valuable output, recommendations and suggestions every step of the way.
- script surgery – just like physical surgeons, we come onboard to cut, restructure and stitch together very punctual parts, characters or lines of the script that still needs improvement. We can perform the surgery with or without the original screenwriter(s).
- script mediation – just like law mediators, we get involved to help intermediate any concerns between a group of screenwriters, and/or directors and producers. Our role is to be impartial and look out for the best interest of the script, without favoritisms.
clients & partners
"I first met Laura Malin on the set of THE RIVER MURDERS, and I was quickly impressed. It is hardly surprising that Laura has built such an extensive resume in her home country, having written several hit television shows, feature films, and novels. I was fully confident with her tremendous abilities, which she has proven so many times throughout her long career."
"Laura is an amazingly versatile storyteller whose work has impressed critics and audiences for years. While most of her fans know Laura for her work in television, her popular novels, and her theatrically released films, she has an even more extensive reputation within the industry as a “script doctor” and story consultant. Beyond her credited works, some of Laura’s most important accomplishments have taken place internally in leading studios and production companies throughout Brazil. Laura Malin has a reputation as a writer with a golden touch, who not only writes and sells outstanding original work to filmmakers across the world, but who also has the rare ability to take someone else’s promising story and elevate it to the level of genius."
"I had the happy opportunity to work with Laura's supervision as a creative producer. Being a writer herself, Laura has a broad and precise view of the quality of the script, acting as a true partner. Her sensitivity, talent, commitment and objectivity, in addition to her expertise in several areas of the industry, makes her perfect to act as a solid link between the various talents involved in the project, giving confidence to everyone on the team."